Ever since I first read about Free Software when I was a teenager it became clear to me that it was the ethical way of developing and using software, and that closed-source software cannot be fully trusted.
My favorite programming language for its cleanliness, readability, flexibility and ecosystem. I like learning and using other languages that are good for other use cases, such as Clojure, Haskell, Rust or Go.
I'm interested in all aspects of computer security, including cryptography, system and application security. Security is a way of life, it must always be present, cannot be an afterthought.
Cryptocurrencies are going to change the world, but same as the Internet wasn't appreciated by most people in the 80s and 90s, it will take a few years for the technology to mature and be massively adopted.
We don't hide our actions because they are bad or wrong, but because they are private. We have a right to privacy even if we have nothing to hide. I put effort into defending my privacy, and educating people as to why it is important.
I enjoy taking photographs and have been improving my technique ever since I got my first digital camera in 2003. Art doesn't come easy to me, but photography allows me to express myself creatively.
- Lead Engineer at Solidshape. 2021-today.
- Consultant at Outdoorsy. 2019-2020.
- Software Architect at Redbeacon / Home Depot Techshed. 2016-2017.
- Software Engineer at Redbeacon / Home Depot Techshed. 2012-2016.
- CTO and co-founder at Vestidia. 2011-2012.
- Consultant on Django-based projects. 2010-2011.
- Software Engineer and Project Manager at Yaco Sistemas. 2007-2010.
- BSc in Computer Science (5-year degree), University of Seville.
- Japanese language (4-year course), University of Seville.
- 日本語能力試験２級 (Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2).
- The AI Class Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. Statement of Accomplishment.
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies, Princeton University @ Coursera.
Courses, talks and expos
Conferences I've been to
- Open Source World Conference. Málaga, Spain. February 2004.
- EBE Evento Blog España. Sevilla, Spain. November 2008.
- EBE Evento Blog España. Sevilla, Spain. November 2009.
- PyCon The Python Conference. San Jose, CA, USA. March 2013.
- PGConf Silicon Valley PostgreSQL Conference. South San Francisco, CA, USA. November 2015.
- My dotfiles.
- My Emacs prelude configuration.
- Serpyco, a command line tool to sort photo files.
- Boletin, a newsletter app for Django (discontinued).
- Randomizeitor, a wallpaper randomizer for GNOME (discontinued).
Tools I use
- Kubuntu as my operating system.
- KDE as my desktop environment of choice.
- Firefox as main driver, Brave as secondary.
- Emacs. I used Vim for 4 years, but always wondered why so many people loved Emacs. Now after 13 years using Emacs exclusively I understand.
- Nextcloud to sync my contacts and calendars across devices.
- Syncthing to sync my files across devices.
- KeepassXC to manage my passwords.