I am an expert web developer, mostly using Django. I have developed complex websites from scratch, including front-end, back-end and deployment. Nowadays I tend to focus on backend and system architecture and am looking into Web3.
The revolution of cryptocurrencies and associated technologies is still not obvious to most people, akin to how the Internet's potential was not understood by the general public in the 80s and 90s. I believe decentralization of trust will be a keystone to build better societies.
I learn about economics and sociology to better understand how human societies work and how to improve them. These topics intersect deeply with my interest in cryptocurrencies and decentralization, as they will enable new and better ways to coordinate and cooperate.
I have been a free software (
"free as in freedom, not as in free beer") evangelist since I first read about it when I was a teenager before the turn of the millenium. I distrust closed-source software for its opaqueness and uncertain future availability.
I'm interested in all aspects of computer security, including cryptography, system and application security, opsec, disaster recovery. Security is a way of life, it must be present at every step, cannot be an afterthought.
We don't hide our actions because they are bad or wrong, but because they are private. We have a right to privacy even if we have nothing to hide. I put effort into defending my privacy, and educating people as to why it is important to do so.
- Founding Engineer at Sesame Labs. 2022-present.
- Lead Engineer at Solidshape. 2021-2022.
- Consultant at Outdoorsy. 2019-2020.
- Software Architect at Redbeacon / Home Depot Techshed. 2016-2017.
- Senior Software Engineer at Redbeacon / Home Depot Techshed. 2012-2016.
- CTO and co-founder at Vestidia. 2011-2012.
- Consultant on Django-based projects. 2010-2011.
- Software Engineer and Project Manager at Yaco Sistemas. 2007-2010.
- BSc in Computer Science (5-year degree), University of Seville.
- Japanese language (4-year course), University of Seville.
- 日本語能力試験２級 (Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2).
- The AI Class Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. Statement of Accomplishment.
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies, Princeton University @ Coursera.
- My dotfiles.
- My Emacs configuration.
- python-lsp-black maintainer.
- Reflex Pelican theme, used in my blog.
- wagtail-csv-import, a CSV import/export app for Wagtail.
- Code contributions to Wagtail, a Django CMS app.
- Signaturi, a 36-hour project made for ETHGlobal Lisbon 2023 hackathon (Source).
- Lastpass import feature for yith-library-cli.
- Serpyco, a command line tool to sort photo files.
- Moderator and admin at esdebian.org (now exdebian.org) from 2005 to 2008.
- Kubuntu as desktop OS.
- Debian as server OS.
- KDE as desktop environment.
- Firefox as main web browser (with extensions), Brave as secondary.
- Emacs for text editing, programming, note taking...
- Nextcloud to sync my contacts and calendars across devices.
- Syncthing to sync my files across devices.
- KeepassXC to manage my passwords.
- Docker & Podman for containerization.
- Ansible for automation.
- Digikam & RawTherapee for photography.